Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Moom's & Marja's Day..........

Can I just say, it has been a huge few weeks. But none were busier and fuller than this weekend. I am sure we couldn't possibly have fit more living, loving and laughter in than we did on Mother's Day. (Or what we call Moom's Day for my mum or Marja's Day for me).

Slippery and Big Gazza
The girls arrived Friday night, we ate and watched TV and relaxed a bit before hitting the pillow. Saturday morning I was up and Gaz and I drove to Slippery's to meet up for our ride. It was cold and windy. It's been windy for weeks now! I felt pretty strong throughout. I worried about suitable nutrition. Being off the sugar now for weeks, I really didn't want to go back to having sugar, but it seems Glucose on Saturday's is a non-negotiable. As it was we weren't humping along so I got away with half a bidden of Endura and one mouthful of Dextro. I had planned an 80km ride round the lake and into the hills of Jamberoo. But by the time we came round to Slippery's joint again the boys pulled the pin. NOT ME!!!! But I was convinced in the end and pulled it too. Mostly because we had big plans with the girls and I was keen to get home. I still had some energy and could have gone on. So good stuff.
Josh 2yrs

They never look like the photo, oh no!!
Gazza and I went round to The Onion Man's place to visit the family and see his new baby, Ella. She is 6 weeks old and lovely. We delivered our present and we both got our fill of baby cooey cuddles and had some play time with Josh.

We got home and the girls were waiting for us and we went shopping for staples and items for making 'sugar free' recipes. Yes, Master Class was in session. I showed the girls (inside outside bread, seedy bread, bacon and egg breakfast muffins, granola, and chia pods). Shortly after that, with beer in hand we launched into food prep for Mother's Day lunch. It took the four of us to create the Mother's Day feast of the century. Complete with Tomato Harvest Soup, Lamb Shanks and vegetables and ......drum roll please....... Choc -Caramel-Chunk and Peanut Butter 'Cheesecake' insert awesome photos...... 
Family cooking, & me with a Beer
 It was a huge fun afternoon and bone weary but so pleased with our creations we sat down to, what is always the highlight of my visit with the girls, tickle time..... This might sound weird, but some history here... Kez is not the most cuddly PDA kind of girl, but we found when she was little, that she would lay all day across my lap, if I tickled her back. As she grew older I managed to coerce a foot rub out of her at the same time. So now, even at 28, I can have contact with her if she sits in front of me while I sit on the lounge and I wrap my legs around her and put my feet in her lap, she gives amazing massages and as long as I tickle, she will stay for some quality time. I hope we still do this when she is 60 and I am 81. It's a bonding time I treasure, & I know she does to.

Mother's Day dawned and I was up with Gazza at 6:30am for a run. Determined not to miss another run, we headed out. Session instruction from Coach. 50mins done as 6min run 30sec walk. We covered some ground and explored the new train station as part of the run. I was very happy with the knees and no ITB issues throughout as well as the energy being high.


When we arrived home the girls were waiting for us. Breakfast in bed. I settled for coffee, Granola, Natural Yoghurt and Raspberries. Yummo. By 11:30 Moom and Dood were here. My Niece, Sally arrived also, which was awesome and we sat down to a wonderful lunch and lots of chat.                                          Everyone seemed so relaxed and it was nice to have the house filled with people. Gazza and I have made a pact to make sure we entertain more and invite friends and family over more often. I can see the "I Quit Sugar' Menu books and a new recipe book the girls bought me for Mother's Day and the new Mandalin they also bought will come in handy and mean lots of opportunities to experiment also. After lunch we moved back into the living room and Moom and Dood brought out the guitar and ukulele. We listened to Moom play the Ukulele and she has really improved. Then the girls broke out and played a few songs too.

And then a very special moment....one that I have never seen before. Moom and Dood connecting and enjoying time together in a common interest. I like to imagine them spending time alone at home together playing and laughing. It makes me feel so content...........and now here for prosperity, the video.



 
 
Late Night Segway....... do you think after I die that my blog will just sit, idol? Perhaps an occasional random person will stumble across it when they push "Next Blog" and have a little scroll through my posts. Will my blog live forever in the archives of the Ethernet? It's a deep thought for 8:40pm on a Wednesday night. Where do blogs go, when no one is there to love them anymore? Will this be my own personal time capsule. Having never shared this with my family or friends the history I have put here (interesting or not to any of them) is gone, perhaps it will spend eternity sitting on a subway station's cold aluminium bench waiting for a passenger to pick it up like a random newspaper and read a couple of excerpts before tossing it with indifference into the bin. The Recycle Bin obviously. Deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment