Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tri Winter Training

So winter has hit Aus with a vengence!

Winds lashing the coast, driving rain and the gas heater is on 2 bars and I am tucked into my jammies and sipping hot tea.

Nope, we tri folk know that winter (off season) is where the quality stuff happens. We get back out in the hills to strengthen legs for the bike, we do long steady runs to build endurance and we find a pool (for me the indoor 25m is my compromise) and we roll out the drills in order to perfect technique. It's quality time folks! Just got to get out there and do it.

Took a drive into Kiama after a swim session the other day and took a couple of pics.


Kiama South of the blowhole



Huge seas at Kiama


The sun was trying so hard to shine through but the wind was so hard I didn't want to get out of the car. With flash flooding and surf so big the beaches are being eroded, my options for now are the indoor wind trainer, indoor treadmill and indoor pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment