Friday, January 7, 2022

Off to the Physio

So a lot has changed over the years. One significant change is that I no longer have a coach. Stagnating in place was a waste of money and so I stopped coaching. A tough decision at the time but in a way, a huge relief. It took the pressure off. But I also lost my way. No coach though, meant also no physio as coach was both. It was ideal at the time because coach could change my program to suit the current injury or issue. But now I go by feel and train around what my body can do. There is a lot less pressure. 

A buddy put me on to this new guy. A young Italian physio who has a different approach to managing my chronic itb issues. He doesn’t hammer the fascia with hours of elbow dragging and needling. Instead he gets into the back of my calf. I can feel the tightness. Yikes!

Also, I had a frozen shoulder. Which was the original reason for going to see him. He has fixed it. But of course now the other shoulder is having troubles. But the physio is all part of Ironman and I go routinely for a treatment. 

I hope though that he can fix my hips. I put my hip out just before Christmas and it left me with some residual tightness in the glute. I think my hip may still be forward. So let’s hope for some positive corrections and so I can run again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment