Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Loop

ok 15 weeks to go til we do this crazy I.M thing again. This time in 15 weeks from now I will be trying to get some food down, the bike will be safely tucked into bed on the rack and I will be attempting to relax and aiming for an early night. But for now the focus still remains on getting each session nailed and getting the quality stuff done. Having said that though, life seems to be constantly getting in the way. Work went a little hectic earlier in the week with deadlines needing to be met and taking priority over the program. Doesn't that suck! I hate it when life gets in the way. I had to drop a couple of sessions and opted to drop swims over walks. Yep, I am still rehabbing this pesky itb. But remaining positive there has been no pain in a long while now and I am walking over 2 hours without issue and starting to throw in some run/walk splits. All good.

On the bike front, things are going great guns. Legs are strong, hills seem to be getting a little easier. Certainly Bald Hill, probably close to one of the hardest climbs in our area, is getting slightly easier both mentally and physically. Today is the second time I have ridden what the Crew calls The Loop. 110kms of hills and undulations, steep descents and good times.



Yep, hills make us stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment