Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Outta the Hot Box & into the Hurt Locker

 
That's where I found myself today. I opted for a change in scenery in an effort to vary and keep the head sane. Usually my wind-trainer sets are done in our garage which has been turned into a gym and the usual setup is a music dvd playing on the TV- on silent. Just pretty pictures flashing in front of the eyes and an ipod shuffle blasting through the earplugs a range of doof doof trance dance music to keep me pumping through the set. But none of that was going to get me through the 26 degree heat that was already peaking at 6am and the little fan was never going to keep up with the demands of cooling me. Sooo, I opted for lugging all of my equipment out of the hot box and out to the back deck where the breeze could do the job. And while the sun was rising and the temperatures continued to climb, I gazed at the trees and bushes, talked to the dogs who rolled around on the deck wondering what the heck mum was doing while the music blasting through my ears set the beat, I enjoyed the change and got ready to head into the hurt locker.

A 2 hour session on the program - I always have my computer on count down so I can keep track of the sets Coach plans for me. And if you look carefully at the time counting down on the computer you can see that I have 40mins to go. Still got a ways to go here team. So where is my head at???????

As I didn't know this photo was being taken at the time, I can only guess at where my head was. But I do remember thinking, "I'm over the hump."

  • My butt hurts
  • It's hot. I'm Hot!
  • How much longer?
  • Here comes the big part of the set.
  • Hang on Sammi you can do it.
  • I hate Triathlon.
  • Why do I bother?
  • I could have slept in.
  • This too shall pass.
  • So close, and I'm doing it easy.
  • I'm hurting all over.
  • I feel great.
  • This is easy.
  • I love my bike.
  • I love being able to rock 60kms in 2 hours!
  • Oh boy, Ironman is hard work and I have so far to go.

And that is just the half of it. I also sing a lot and it's always out of tune. It's a rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions and it can change by the second. But I do know the satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment I feel when I am done and while I may be exhausted I am content and stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment