Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary or is that Birthday

Years ago, 19 years to be exact. I turned 28 and I got married. Big Gazza took the leap, whisked me off to Jamberoo for a rendezvous that would last 19 years and counting. We have had some amazing adventures during that time........and the adventures haven't stopped and we certainly aren't slowing down any time soon. While we have each other, our health and the sun shining above us we are packing it in.

Happy 19th Anniversary

Our Anniversary was spent with a sleep-in which is a novelty for us. Coffee in bed and then we headed out together for a ride North. We stopped and enjoyed the view for a while took a photo. Stopping is another novelty before heading home again. To top it off I decided to throw in a hill climb. Hill 60. It's been on my 'to do' list for a while.

Hill 60, Port Kembla from half way up the hill

It was a hard climb, but not undo-able. I just went steady and consistently without blowing up. I noted on Strava when I uploaded that I had come in 2nd with an average speed of 9.3 and a HR average of 153. The girl who owns the QOM got 10.7 but her heart rate was 197bpm. Yoikes she must have been close to blowing up!

So a good week overall on the program with a tick in every box, finishing the week strong and with the Pinkies Triathlon to bring it home with flying colours (check out my race debrief in the Races Page).


47 and living life a hundred miles an hour




No comments:

Post a Comment